Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Unbreak My Heart

Unbreak My Heart - Melissa C. Walker This is another story that will tug at your heart. Facing a sea of hurtfulness and a lost friendship, Clem is on a road to self discovery and mending a broken heart.Broken hearts sucks huh? Especially when its all blamed on you. The story line of the book is what got me hooked. Clem falling for her best friends boyfriend and then acting like it was all of her fault. I loved that Clem didn't lie. She did have feelings for the boy but did she ever cheat on him? I guess that's up to reader. In my eyes, no. Ms. Walker did a wonderful job on creating such tension between the characters as well as amplifying the anger, the hurt, the banishment of Clem from her group of so called "friends." There are two different love interest. BFF Boyfriend and a new guy. I enjoyed reading Clem's point of view from the BFF boyfriend. Though, I wish I could read his point of view as well. I can see why Clem would fall for the guy. He is nice. The new guy I felt gave Clem strength. He help put her back together again. They were both hurt by people close to them and allowing them to open up about their mistakes gave them both closure. This pivotal time in Clem's life open up many doors for her and raised many questions. She learned to deal with everything one day at a time. The growth of the book kept me on my toes and really entertain. At first, the reader just see anger, bitterness and pain. Then came the healing and then came the letting go. I felt that this part flowed beautiful and really gave the book spark.Unbreak My Heart is a genuine story about a wounded soul searching for answers. Beautifully romantic and melodramatic, Unbreak My Heart delivers a promising story.