Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Purity

Purity - Jackson Pearce Purity is a book that is going to raise questions. I can tell you that even though I enjoyed the book, I do not agree with the characters choices. That'ts just me. Despite all of that, I still enjoyed Ms. Pearce writing.The story hits right on target of teens. Teens rush to do anything. The rush to get old, drink, have sex, party, etc. I know when I was a teen, I could not wait to grow up. To be on my own, to have no one tell me what to do, etc. Even though Shelby has a plan for her life, I felt as though she is rushing through it. She wanted to get things done so she can move on to the next item. I felt that Shelby rushing to loose her virginity, was well, wrong. Again, my opinion. (Don't jump all over me!)In any case, I like that Shelby made self discoveries. She realized what she actually wanted. She told the truth at the ball and finally understood what her mom is really saying. I like that she had her friends to guide her in whatever she needed.Purity is an good coming of age story. Life lessons about love and loss fill the pages as the readers see Shelby grow into a woman. Purity is a good read.*Sex scene*