Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

While He Was Away

While He Was Away - Karen Halvorsen Schreck When I started reading this book I knew exactly where it was going. This book took me buy surprise with the changes of the characters. It certainly was not what I expected it to be but instead made me long for more.What I loved most about this book are the characters. The reader meets to characters that are in love with major life changes coming along. When I read books like this, I always read from the guys point of view. Never have I read a book where we see what it is like for the girl who is left behind. I like that. I like seeing her everyday life and the hardship it is of being a military girlfriend. She did what she could to help him. The stress of her waiting for bad news at any moment really takes a toll of her too. What caught me off guard most is the relationship change of the book. I was expecting something but I wasn't expecting THAT! When it all happen, I felt like I was the one being let go. The author took a great amount of time for the reader to be invested that my heart broke with the news. I felt like I lost something. If any author can make me feel like that, then the book stole my heart.My only gripe about the story is, I feel like their story is not done. There are still a lot of questions I would like answered and would loved to see where the characters went. While He Was Away is a amazing story of love and lost. One with plot twist that will tear at your heart. Told with a passion that capture readers, While He Was Away is amazing!