Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Something Like Normal

Something like Normal - Trish Doller Now, this is one heck of a story. I wasn't even done with the first chapter, yet I was giddy and smiling beyond my face! What I adored most about this story was the feel of it. It felt real. That's cause stories like this do happen in real life. Parents that are fighting. Lovers leaving for someone else. A war dramatically changing the fate of a young man who is unsure of his future. The inner demons he fought just to be normal made my heart break. The love interest captured me like no other. Normal. What is it to be normal? To actually love someone like you never have before. The fear that slithers through your body when you realize what you've done. All these emotions and more, the reader feels as if you really are in his shoes. I had no problem falling into Travis's shoes, seeing and feeling everything that he is doing. You know what else is great about this book? Things you've done in the past coming back to bite you in the butt. Not only did the irony struck me with the love interest but as well as his present. Travis had to deal with so many issues, I rooted for him to find love and peace. Travis needed much peace. Something Like Normal dives into the mind of a young man who is fighting for his life. Stuck in a hard place, the yearn for normalcy snags the reader into sensory overload. Delivering a powerful debut, Something Like Normal is a necessary read.