Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Keep Holding On

Keep Holding On - Susane Colasanti This story is really good. I mean so good, that I want to re-read it again.What I adore most about this book is how great the issue of bullying is written. The reader meets Noelle, a young girl who has been bullied for a long time. Builled by not only her peers but by her mothers. I adore the tough life that is painted out for the reader. Noelle is poor, in a single parent home and doing her best to survive and get the heck out of there. I loved her ambition to work, save money and go somewhere, where she is not a prisoner.The love interest in this book is exactly what I wanted. Nothing to fast, but a slow friendship that forms with trust and then love. I like that Noelle trust is hard to earn. He gave her the space that she needed and is there as a friend when the time came.The plot wholy captured me. I adore reading each new plot twist as well as the build up to Noelle buring strenght that she has gathered all these years. To finally stand up for herself. *fist pump* That part totally felt good. Like "Booyah! In your face" good.Keep Holding On paints a dark image of what bullying is like. It's not something pretty or documented with facts. It's raw and edgy with hope that anyone can hold on to. Masterfully written with a dark tale turned beautiful, this book you will need to read.