Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Blackwood

Blackwood - Gwenda Bond When a author can take a fantastic tale of mystery, magic, and a real story combinne them all, making it an awesome story.What I enjoyed the most is the plot. The story of The Lost Colony has always intrigued me. To see a good story unfold with the author making a new spin on the tale delighted me. I enjoyed learning the facts, watching the characters become more aware of their surroundings, but mostly enjoyed the all the puzzles pieces coming together.The characters of the book grew well with the pacing. I like that along with the characters, the reader is kept out of the loop. Each new chapter, they gai more knowledge about their history. The back round history to each character is well explained as well as entertaining.With the love interest, it didn't quite form the way I thought. To kids growing up to dislike each other, all of the sudden thrown together to solve another mystery of disappearance. I enjoyed their rattling nonsense, but also loved how well they worked together. With their knowledge combined, they are able to solve the mystery and destroy the evil.Blackwood is an thrilling read. With the foundation of The Lost Colony, Blackwood is a dark hauntingly take that spins the reader out of control. All of the elements in Blackwood keep the reader entertain till the end. Blackwood is a great read!