Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Slammed (Slammed, #1)

Slammed (Slammed, #1) - Colleen Hoover This book was reccomended to me by a good blogger friend of mind, Trini from A Book Lovers Review. (HI, TRINI) And I can't thank her enough for recommending such an awesome and amazing book! It stayed in my head for days :)The plot to this book is amazing. I have to admit, that I was a bit skeptical when it came to slamming. Unsure exactly what it was, I did not think I could not get into it. I was wrong. The author allows ample time to set into the characters, get introduce to slamming and BAM! You're in. Simple as that. With the first poem, I actually felt a bit nervous. Like I was the once on the stage, laying out my deepest fears and emotions.The characters of the book do some growing in the book. I like that theirs lives were not easy but had plenty of drama surrounding them. I enjoyed being in their shoes, living their lives. There are many points where you feel you everything that they feel. The love, the hurt, the regret. I had to set the book down just to gather myself again. Characters are well built and beautifully written.The love interest will take you under. This love made me want, love, and cry. I can't get over how many times I gasp or how many times I was like,"No way." Their love grows so much in the readers heart. The author does a great job in getting the reader invested in the characters fast. I wasn't even half-way through the book and my heart was already breaking into two.Slammed is an exquisite, fierce novel. The mind-blowing crescendo of events leaves the reader breathless and wanting the more. Slammed is the reason why books make you feel alive. It's loving and heart-breaking, bringing the reader to a point where you want to beg for mercy. And when you get to the ending, it's fitting and perfect. Slammed is alluring and invigorating. Nothing like it's kind, you must read this book.