Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Any Other Night

Any Other Night - Anne Pfeffer Another great contemporary that I have been itching to read, this is a really emotional book.What I enjoyed the most about this book is the plot. The what if questions that pop in the readers mind after a night of unsuspected activity. Laced with heavy emotions, this book has to do a lot with living with regret and paying for it. What do you do when you feel responsible for the secret left behind?The characters of the book do a lot of growing. Facing the turmoil that has gone on, Ryan blames himself a lot. He stretches himself the thin just trying to make up what is lost. I felt for Ryan. He is a nice guy who just wanted to make things right. Despite what happen, Ryan learned to understand that life happens. No matter who you are or what you do. No amount of asking questions or making things up will change that.There is a love interest as well as an enduring friendship that occurs with two different girls. Now, this was unexpected. Given that it was under another title, I thought the story would evolve around Emily. So not what happen. I think the new title is more fitting, given the fact that Emily, LOL, I didn't like much. At times, I felt like she was being selfish. If you ask me, she made things harder on Ryan. But, that is just me.Any Other Night is a book filled with a roller coaster of emotions. The expectation of reality catches up to the characters fast. Filled with a great friendship that anyone would love to have, Any Other Night is good!