Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

League of Strays

League of Strays - L.B. Schulman This story is far different than what I thought it would be. Extremely thrilling and mysterious, the story line caught me.Going into this book, I honestly that it would be more paranormal.. It wasn't. Instead, I found that this story is generally intriguing. The plot brings in Kade, a dark and mysterious boys searching for friends beyond friendship. He wants what everyone wants to have. A loyal friendship that will go to the death for each other. Kade gathers misfits who he feels will fit this mold and calls them out. Of course, these misfits hear what he has to say and in turn, find themselves finally wanted. The downside? Things are always what they seems. Kade way get more mysterious with every once asking questions as well as dangerous. Now, I love this plot. In a way, it was like Kade is forming his own little cult following. He answered their questions with questions. He took their side to the extreme with raising doubt sin their head over their feelings or a person. Creepy!The love interest is just what you guessed. A dangerous love with a dangerous guy. Kade likes to be in control of everything. Once you are his, he KNOWS everything. Which is again, creepy. He knew where she called, who she talked to, what she asked, etc. There was no way out for her once he got her in his grasp. It wasn't love. It's stalking!Now, there is some controversy over the supposed gay bashing in this book. Let me clear the air when I say yes, the gay kid got pick on. Isn't that what happens in high school? Mean kids bullying others. Instead, one of the redeeming parts of this book is this kid getting saved by his friends. They come to his rescue and set everyone straight! League Of Strays is undoubtedly a thrilling book. It's faces hard, raw issues in a way few dare to tell. This thought-provoking story, hits the reader with the unseen menace of who Kade really is. League Of Strays is a effective tale of isolation laced with a deep fear of going to far. The questions is, just how far is he willing to go? You have to read it to find out.