Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

After: Nineteen Stories of Apocalypse and Dystopia

After: Nineteen Stories of Apocalypse and Dystopia - Ellen Datlow, Terri Windling, Genevieve Valentine, Carrie Ryan, N.K. Jemisin, Katherine Langrish, Carol Emshwiller, Beth Revis, Matthew Kressel, Susan Beth Pfeffer, Sarah Rees Brennan, Jeffrey Ford, Richard Bowes, Gregory Maguire, Steven Gould, Nalo Hopkinson, Jane Yolen I love dystopian stories. There are so many possibilities that any story facing some uncertain future always manages to capture me.Now, I know most don't like short stories, but I do. Let me tell you why? Short stories are quick to the book and for me, leave me wondering what more could happen if the author expand the story? I love that short stories gives the reader a quick glance of what life is like and then close with questions.As I read through these stories several stood out to me. Now only are there authors that I known and love to read but I also discovered other authors that I have never heard of. And I love discovering new authors with short stories.If you love dystopia or apocalyptic stories, read this book. There are some amazing stories that I can only hope will be turned into full fledged novels. There are also a few short stories of questions that lingered in my mind from other novels that I have read before. After is an amazing selection of stories that fill my mind with wonder. Exhilarating and exciting, After is great.