Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window

The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window - Kirsty Moseley Alright. I'm going to do my best to explain why this book appealed to me greatly in the beginning, then totally fell flat. *Takes deep breathe*Let's start off with the good points. This story appeals to the reader cause of the synopsis. A boy sneaking through the window to comfort a friend after abuse. He shields her, protects her, and loves her. He does this for years. Loving her at a distance until the time she noticed him. Then she does. The story is still flowing well from here. Amber takes notice to Liam and their relationship is sweet and funny. I loved their flirting with sexual tension. And then is goes down hill...The main character Amber has been through a lot. In the beginning, it is explained to the reader that Amber does not liked to be touched. So... why she all of sudden she turns in a sexual deviant is beyond me. She goes from one extreme to another, literally making my jaw drop.Then there are the cliche moments that make me say,"Seriously?" I expected more out of this plot. I wanted more of Liam and Amber's love to continue to grow, not go all crazy on me. I loved their flirting, their sweet sentimental moments but is is ruined by the characters emotions and roller coaster plot line.*Sigh* This story has so much potential if it wasn't for the Jennifer Lopez plot line from Enough. I like that the father comes back to haunt them but, SMH, I just couldn't handle it anymore. And the ending. I liked the ending. I'm all for a happily ever after and I am glad that things worked out for the characters in the end. Still, after I closed the book I felt extreme disappointment. I felt deceived in this is not what I thought it was. The story started off great but completely fell flat.The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window is a book that is too much drama and not enough plot. It strays far too away for my liking. Take my advice and tread carefully if you decide to read it. It keeps you engrossed with plenty of up and down moments, but after so much it becomes enough for me to read anymore.