Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Drowned Cities

The Drowned Cities - Paolo Bacigalupi After falling in love with the first book, I couldn't wait to read the next book. It gave me just what I wanted and more!So, the reader begins right back in the world of the Drowned Cities. Cities once above water not drowned in it. I thought I be reading about the characters from the first book instead we are introduced to new characters. It is a surprised but I like it. It's give the reader a chance to slip into other characters in this world. The best part I like about this book is the plot. It's filled with great description of ruin cities, stories of creatures as well as the present time the reader is in.I really like Mouse and Mahilia. These characters have survived a lot. If you wonder what's life would be like to live in such a gruesome lawless world. Then read this. Kids taken a such a young age to fight a war that was never their s to start with. It's focuses on many new aspects such as a genetically enhanced people. Some of those moments made me squirm in my seat.Their is great friendship and loyalty formed. It's nice to see the kids have a friend with everything that is taken away from them. They are forced to grow up fast, and pick a side if they want to live, regardless of how they feel.The Drowned Cities is an epic adventure that you want to read. It's hard and fresh with lives you want to save. The raging war faces many deaths and many heartbreaks. The Drowned Cities is awesome!