Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Decked with Holly

Decked with Holly - Marni Bates This is such a cute story! It's one of those stories where bad luck us actually good luck and two unlikely people falling in love...What I enjoyed most about this story is the plot. Holly is the black sheep of the family. Always picked on and criticized, Holly can't wait for this vacation to end. Holly ends up in the hands of Dominic, a drummer player in a band who is a cutie! Th plot paced well with lots of sarcastic comments and laughs. Even though lots of things went wrong for Holly, in the end, it played out nicely for her. Holly took everything in with being famous. To be honest, I would have done the same thing. Being pushed aside all the time, for Holly to finally have something shine on her for once is good. I like that the plot didn't get all romantic too fast. The love interest paced slow with lots of arguing (which means flirting) and both characters getting to know each other. Dominic learns of Holly's life and immediately feels for her as does Holly. I love that once Dominic get involved with Holly his whole life is turn upside down. He is upset but it what he needed. A change. He feelings for Holly come slowly allowing the reader to fall in love with these characters as they do.Decked With Holly is great read! It takes the reader far beyond love but to a friendship that will last a lifetime. Decked With Holly is realistic yet different. An endlessly fun read that anyone can enjoy, Deck With Holly is awesome!