Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Because It Is My Blood

Because It Is My Blood - Gabrielle Zevin There is something about mafia stories along with the famine of chocolate that gets my heart going. I truly loved this book. It had all that I wanted. A character facing hard times along with action.What I loved most about this book is Anya. She is out of serving her time and trying ti get her life together. I loved how Anya grows wise. Though her wiseness comes through lots of mistakes she made. She learns from it quickly from it and becomes stronger. I like how she faced things head on at the end of the book. Seriously, it surprised me that grew some major guts with the last few chapter, stop beating around the bush and come straight out with it. Bravo!The love interest failed me! I didn't want it to go that way but ugh! I understand. Anya made some hard decisions and need to learn to play mafia game before she gets killed. She took too many risks and now must pay the price. I can only hope that their love will come around for them once again. I'll just have to wait and see...Because It Is My Blood gives the reader a front row seat to a confident and exciting read. Because It Is My Blood practically fills the reader with mind blowing emotions! Towards the end of the book, I felt Anya come into power through my fingertips finally playing the game she us meant to learn. Deliciously filled with bitter chocolate that will leave your mouth watering for more, Because It Is My Blood is AWESOME!