Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Spark (Sky Chasers Series #2)

Spark - Amy Kathleen Ryan After reading the first book, I was intrigued. GLOW gave the reader a good insight on space travels along with action. Spark, amped it up A LOT! For me, the second installment of the series blew me away and I want MORE!What I enjoyed most about this book is the plot. Once you start the book, your immediately back on the shuttle facing hard decisions. The kids are gutting restless. They want their parents. Kids are no longer kids, the are playing the parts of adults, doing their best not to overwhelm each other. The few older kids that they do have are loosing it quickly. It becomes apparent right in the beginning that there is lots of anger, hurt, loss etc. Literally, the emotions are flowing seamlessly off the page and into my heart. I felt for them. That is a lot of responsibility to bear. And the weight of it, is far too much for one to handle. Of course with kids, power play comes into the game. Kids are spreading rumors fast and want answers. There few tense chapters really got my mind thinking.The love interest left off bitter and angry. I know huh? What a change from normal book?!? Still, I like that these two that despite their differences they did what they could for the sake of others. I believe both their hearts are in the right place, just too much of it is getting lost in translation. Kerian is not the same but forced to grow up fast. He is doing his best to keep everyone calm and is losing sight of what his mission is quickly. Waverly is the mediator. She steps in and helps Kerian see that maybe his decisions aren't the best. Now, their is another guy who steps into the picture. It's not a love triangle cause it's pretty clear what happen. Trust me when I say I really, really love this!The ending for me is the best part. The plot played out nicely moving fast with action, explosions, then a heart-breaking, angry moment that left me so giddy in my chair that I giggled!! OMG! It's such a good hangover, that I could not stop smiling.Spark ignites a trail of irresistible energy that pulls you into deep space. All the fantasy elements are a delicious treat when it comes to your imagination. Wonderfully crafted with a revelation that surprises the reader, Spark is downright sensational!