Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Freeing Carter

Freeing Carter - Nyrae Dawn Sometimes teenagers carry too much on their shoulders. Their forced to deal with burdens that are not theirs. It's make them grow up too fast and creates bitterness in their hearts for having something forced on them too fast, too young. This story is amazing!What I loved about this story, is the plot. Carter is a faced with a home life that is starting to show. He can't fake his facade any more. And just when he is about to break down he meets Kira. A happy go-lucky gal who can without a doubt, see right through him. I loved that the plot never sways from the importance of Carter finding the truth. He does his best to put it "out of sight,out of mind." But it always comes back to haunt him.The love interest is Carter's coping mechanism It reminds Carter of who he is really is and what he should be doing. Kira touches his heart in ways the were never before. She brings peace to him when he needs an escape. And she is first and foremost his friend. Even though she knew from the beginning what Carter is hiding, she doesn't push him but slowly brings him to recognition of what he must do. It's like she was he guardian angel, bring him to the light. Beautiful yet, amazing.Freeing Carter is another great debut that you can not miss. It's brings such a heart-breaking situation to light, slowly tearing down every wall that Carter created. Freeing Carter is an amazing yet true scenario of what some teens experiences. Teens are too busy trying to save others, when teens just need someone to saves them as well. Impossible to turn away, Freeing Carter is flawless.