Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)

Barely Breathing - Rebecca Donovan With the last book ending so suddenly, I went right back on Amazon, buying the next book jumping right into it. This part of the story seemed harder to read than the first...The reason that it is so hard to read is that even though Emma is finally out of harms way, it still haunts her. The dreams, flashbacks, insecurity... Everything that Emma did it always seemed to swing back to her past. As much as she tries to escape it's their always reminding her of who she is. This is hard. I want Emma so badly to be alright but years of abuse can not wipe away clean. Emma still deals day to day the struggle that she went through before. She is coping the best that she can and that's what hurts. Seeing Emma walk around like nothing happen when you know she is silently screaming inside.Emma is now with her mother which I felt made things worse for Emma. She is with a lady who she doesn't know and well, I felt like the mom did not do her job. Instead she thought selfishly about herself putting Emma once again in harms way. I don't even want to get into this...SMHThe love interest didn't go quite as like I expected. Yes, I did understand Evan. He was struggling just to get to Emma. He did what he could but, I felt at times he didn't try hard enough. All he thought about was how Emma was shutting him out, blah, blah,blah. She's been through a lot you jerk, back off!*rant over*Barely Breathing is another fierce confrontation that will made you wince. Every chapter adds pump up tension that at times you can't stand to see Emma go through that again. Never mistake that just because the fight is over the war is won. Barely Breathing is nail-biting compelling story that you must read.