Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Scent of Magic

Scent of Magic - Maria V. Snyder I found this book to be just as exciting as the last book. It's gets my heart racing with great action and a moving plot!What I adored most about this book is the great plot. It moved so smoothly between characters as well as pacing. It just some to flowed so well, that I found myself lost in the book quickly, enjoying every fight, every ounce of emotion. Soo good! I like that the reader got to know more about what Avry is meant to do. She is not only learning more about herself, but learning more about the plants, family, and enemies.Which leads me to the characters. Avry has grown so much. From the start she was scared and in hiding. This girl is so not scared. She's had enough of hiding and is now one kick-butt chick! She lets everyone know exactly how she feels in the most sarcastic way you can't help but snort or chuckle. I love that her tough shell allows her to play the role that she needs to play. She gets in, she gets answers, and she's gone.The love interest is what nerved me a bit. I felt like there is so much going on with the plot that there really isn't any time for a love. And folks for me, that a bummer! I was hoping to see them grow with each other more and instead, they both played roles once again, to help others. Which is good, but still. I want more romance! I'm crossing my fingers that the next book will have some stolen moments for them.Scent Of Magic is a great sequel! It has a collide of brilliant writing and world-building. The author does a fantastic job creating such a timeless story that anyone can enjoy. Want to get lost in world that is dark and gritty? Read Scent Of Magic, it's fabulous!