Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Revolution 19

Revolution 19 - One reason I had to read this book is because it reminded me of Terminator and my husband is a MAJOR fanatic of Terminator. I told my husband about it and of course he was interested in it so he told me to read it and then let him what it was about. I am glad about that fact that it is not at all exactly like Terminator. It's certainly has it own appeal that I think anyone can enjoy.Once again, the human race is enslaved by robots. The robots are not killing humans (well technically there are, but I will go into that later) instead, they are forcing the humans to become perfect. No cussing, no fighting, everyone works, all kids go to school the humans are forced to watch the wars they created and to learn not to make those mistakes again. I really liked that yes the robots had a good idea for peace. The minute a human went out of control they were sent to a detention center where they taught the rules. If they don't comply then, bye-bye human.The love interest is one that I expected yet went further than what I thought. Even those these barely had time for each other, I loved the loyalty they created. She risked everything for an outsider barely knowing him. And he in returned help all that he can. I liked that they both fought for what they believe in. They even had the parents help. Great friendship bonds are form that can last a lifetime.Revolution 19 is an great story of a perfect city controlled by machines. Machines forcing and mandating every single rule without leniency. Scenes that the author created gave me goosebumps with the way the machines controlled humans. It's just creepy!! If you want a great read sure to raise the hairs on your neck, read Revolution 19.