Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Charade

Charade - Nyrae Dawn Playing games with love never ends the way you expect it to be...I really love the plot in the story. Paying someone to be your "fake" boyfriend and falling in love with them for-real is awesome. I love how in the beginning they were at each other throats. They called each other names and used each other for what they needed. Little by little they each learn to let down their guard and show they real person inside. What they find is real love and compassion, mostly cause it started off as a friendship. And that is the best love right? The kind of love that goes deeper then lust but overtakes your entire soul.The love interest is the best part of the story. Two people both facing different hardships needing a trusting friend to be with. In the beginning they were all for using each other but in the end, they sought each other willingly cause they needed each other. The way that their love bloom slowly, yet full of passion kept my head in the story. I wanted to feel their every emotion in becoming friends and then experiencing true love for the first time.There is also nice humor of the book that lightens up the heavy parts. There are some parts in the book that just tear my heart up. I cried a little (mostly at the end) cause it all felt so real. The search for someone to be by your side, while losing someone dear, its all so bittersweet yet beautiful.Charade is an fantastic start to a series I want more of. It's real and the game of love is played nicely. Two unsuspecting people falling in love in the midst of trouble and heartache is an excellent recipe for an awesome book.