Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Irresistible

Irresistible - Liz Bankes Super excited to read this book, I felt like it let me down. Although I did enjoy the story overall, for me it lacked some.Alright, let me get into what I did like. The plot of the book is typical and good. We have a young girl getting a new job, stepping into an unknown world and falling into it fast. She quickly meets new friends, who are well..., mean. Of course being the sweet nice girl, Mia is naive and falls for whatever they throw at her.And now the part I didn't enjoy. The love interest. For me, it felt like there was no romance whatsoever. There is lust and games but as far as genuine feelings toward once another, no. Mia is getting played right and left, so how can anything be real? There are ALWAYS lies and so I found myself completely frustrated with Mia. Mia is a girl who forgives too much. Even after she gets played and knows she's been lied to, she still goes to the guy!!! Seriously? Did she not learn her lesson before?There is another love interest in the book who I felt the story could have work out better had it gone the other way. It just felt like Mia had no brain whatsoever.The mistakes she made over and over again with no "real" love left me feeling hollow. And then the ending. UGH! Major let down and on the verge of ANOTHER mistake. I felt like this story lacked so much and I wanted to like it. I was hoping that this story would give me the romance that I yearn for but it did not.