Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Promised (Birthmarked Trilogy)

Promised - Caragh M. O'Brien Following this book from the beginning, I'm super excited to how its all going to end. Was I happy? Yes, but I thought it would end a bit more happier...Alright, so the book dives right back into Gaia shoes and she's done running. Being chased for a while now, Gaia must come face to face with her past. And let me tell you it's not pretty. Much has changed and people have gotten harder. Friends aren't who they seems they are and well Gaia has a huge fight to win. The plot is face-paced, filled with non-stop secrets, friends betrayals as well as Gaia leading her people.The love interest never waverd from where it was and I love that. Being that this is the last book, I like that Gaia love is strong. She always turned to him and didn't let some other guy come and comfort her. She only had eyes for her man and that I love.There are some really cruel things done to Gaia and I can't seem to get them out of my head. How Gaia can stay at the enclave in the end with all that was done to her is just WOW! I would not be able to do that. Instead, I'd be one pissed off women.Promised unfolds to a nice ending. The true love that Gaia has, holds her down to what needs to be done. Action-packed and ending well, Promised is good.