Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Pretty Girl-13

Pretty Girl-13 - Liz Coley Let me take a minute to catch my breath and my mind. I love reading stories that are based on real facts, but this story is soo powerful it plagued me for days.The plot of the book is so sad and hurtful that it fills me with anger. I had to set the book aside sometimes cause I found myself grinding my teeth or worse, raising my blood pressure. The plot is about a girl, Angie, who gets abducted at 13 years old and returns home a few years later. She doesn't remember anything. But she knows that something horrible has happened to her. Through the help of her parents and a psychologist, Angie must search her enclosed mind and unlock what has happened to her. Watching or rather reading Angie unlock each part of her mind hurts. I can't even begin to tell you how much I cringed, looked away or even find myself sooo freaking angry that I had to set the book down and walk away. I did come back to it, only cause I had hope in Angie that she will overcome this.This is not a pretty story. Written beautifully that captures every single heartbreaking moment, Pretty Girl-13 fulfills every element. The unsettling of drama and darkness that follows Angie, this story will leave you changed.