Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Chasers (Alone Series #1)

Chasers  - James  Phelan For me, this book is typical and what I thought. It was a quick and easy read.So the plot is about these teens taking a ride on the subway and all of the sudden, BAM! Explosion! And when they wake, nothing is the same. People are acting funny, like zombies. I especially enjoyed the beginning part of the book. The descriptions of the characters along with the scene of an unexpected explosion filled with blackness, had me at the edge of my seat. This part is particularly my favorite.There really wasn't a love interest but just friends trying to survive. Everything is tested in trying to survive They have to search for food, find shelter and most of all try to find people. Towards the end, the friends are closer to finding salvation. Chasers is a good story. The main character Jesse stood out strong and came out on top. For me, this is quite predictable but something easy to pick up if you know what you want to read. If you like these types of stories, then this book is for you.