Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Shadow Girl

The Shadow Girl - Jennifer Archer Mysterious and moving, I got sucked into this book REAL fast. I can’t pinpoint it, but this book had me really thinking…The plot of the book is really gripping. Lily has never been along. Hidden away from the world, Lily lives in secluded place knowing very few trusted people. But why??? That is question. When her fathers dies, Lily is asking questions about his last statement to her. I have to admit that when her dad muttered those words, hook…line…sinker… I sat down, devour the book page and page and finding myself anxious just to KNOW! What was the secrets? What is so different about Lily? And why??? The plot is good and moved at a pace the is torturing That is good! I love that the author didn’t spill the beans right away but let the reader slowly come to the knowledge with the character.There are two love interest but it never really gets into this whole complicated love triangle. Thank God. Love triangles that get so complicated raise my blood pressure and that folks is bad. I like that even though there are potentially two guys, you know where she stands. She does leans into both mostly cause they each have a part of her. Her past and her future. Still, I like how it ended.Let me put it this way. Read it. It’s awesome and amazing. It leads you so deep into the story that the ending is just mind blowing. The Shadow Girl is a deeply mysterious read that keep you on the edge of your seat.