Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

White Lines

White Lines - Jennifer Banash Taking a different direction in book, I decided to pick up a coming of age tale.The plot of the book move a lot quicker than what I thought. Cat is alone. Literally all alone. She has been abandon by her parents and well she is living a life style that is fine for now but is slowly draining her. I like that the plot is easy to get into as well as the characters. Each chapter, the readers learn of Cat’s life and her friends. She is closed off and very scared. The plot also moves backwards into the past, giving little pieces of what Cat’s life use to look like. Some parts are nice, while others just make you cringe.There really wasn’t a love interest till the end. Cat is slowly becoming aware that everything around her is not all what it seems. She longs for love, for a connection to the family she once had. She misses it, she just doesn’t know what she can do to get it back. There are other minor characters who help Cat along the way. One acts like a mom, always on her case about her school, homework, weight, etc. Cat needed that. And there is one “boy” friend who indeed makes her feel like there is something more out there. Cat takes her time, but eventually realizes what she wanted has always been in front of her eyes the entire time.White Lines is a great coming of age story that is harsh yet hopeful. A strong story that is a success, White Lines is great.