Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Lullaby (Watersong Novels)

Lullaby - Amanda Hocking Diving in and I’m on a search for mermaids. If you have not read the first book, I suggest you do. This story begins right where the last book left off. Now, in the first book, the reader gets most of the story from Gemma’s point of view. In this book, the reader gets most of the story from Harper’s point of view, and then switching to Gemma’s. I didn’t mind the point of view switches being that they did flow well. As the reader, you never felt lost in what was happening in the story. I like that you got plenty of details form both sisters without ever feeling lost or confused.Now, the love interest some what get a bit difficult. Both girls have a lost interest in which they love but being under the circumstance that they are under, their relationships began to take some tolls. Their barely making it through and I have this feeling that both of their relationships will be out to a test. I’m anxious to see exactly where these girls will end up and if these guys will make the cut. Lots of stuff is happening and at this point, its up in the air.Both of the girls development within the story is good. I love that both girls grow quickly, learning and taking chances in what they need to do. I am a bit miffed that despite being sisters, they don’t really trust each other well. They both hold back a lot of stuff from each other. I think that if they told each other everything, things would be a whole lot easier. As I see it, they are just making it harder on themselves and everyone else around them.Lullaby is an great sequel. Surfacing for air, I felt this story had lots of amazing plots twist and turns that keeps the reader hooked to the story.Ambitious and superior in action, Lullaby is great.