Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Night School

Night School  - C.J. Daugherty I picked this book cause the cover and synopsis caught my eye. I had high hopes for this book and unfortunately, it let me down.1. Writing. First off, writing is good. Everything flowed well from chapter to chapter. Not once did I feel lost or confused. It was able to step inside the characters shoes easily and quickly.2. Love triangle. UGH! Not only was is depressing watching this character go back and forth but it got annoying. One minute she was hanging out one with one guy and the next, the other guy. This did not make me happy.3. Predictable. The reason I could not get into the book as I wanted, was cause it felt like I had already been there before. I knew how the whole plot would go down not even half-way through. And that folks, killed it for me. The only reason why I finished it was to find out exactly what Night school was. And yes, I was right about that too.4. Growth. I'm a bit miffed of how this character grew up. While, I'm glad that she ask questions and broke rules, she became to predictable in all of her moves. I kept wanting her to surprise me or do something different. Instead it was like watching a horror movie and yelling at the girl," DON'T DO IT! DON''T GO IN THERE!"5. End. The ending got better and got me into the book. I felt like once the secret was out, lots of things made sense. It weaved well with the beginning of the story with her parents and brother. I like to read the next book to see what will happen next.Overall, Night School is a good book. It did take a while for me to get into it and once I did, I enjoyed it. Taking boarding school to a whole new level, Night School holds secrets. A good deal of fun, Night School is good.