Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

So Much Closer

So Much Closer - Susane Colasanti Since I’m currently on a kick for contemp reads, I picked up another book I bought a while back. It certainly wasn’t what I thought it was, but gave me a good read.1. Infatuation. This book has loads in it. I don’t think I ever read a book where a teen was so infatuated with something that she changed her whole life to get it. I think though because she changed her whole life, that it did help her snap out of it at the end.2. Plot. The plot is good and moves at a good pace. The only thing that bothered me was getting the main character to wake up! That took a while.3. Characters. There are some minor characters that really help bring this infatuation to light. And thank God for that. Some points I really got annoyed with Brooke cause I just wanted her to see, that what she sees is not real!4. Fake Love. There is not insta-love but a fake love that gets dragged on and on. Not to mention that there is not another guy to come help and remedy this odd situation. Instead, Brooke ends up finding herself. Still, I would have enjoyed it better had she found true love.5. Finding yourself. It takes a lot of courage to face up to something you thought was real. I mean, you invested so much time and effort in it and to finally come clean that maybe what you saw was a bit too much, it’s a big step. I’m glad that in the end, Brooke found the strength to do that. After all was said and done, she came to terms with what she did, owning up to the problem she created.Overall, So Much Closer is a good book. If you can handle the bout of infatuation and the teenager who’s head is always in the clouds, then try this book. A moving plot with good characters, So Much Closer is good.