Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Hooked

Hooked - Catherine Greenman I don’t pick up much teen pregnancy books cause of the drama. This story however, goes farther and much more in depth than what I thought.1. Plot. This has a very good plot. We have the characters who meet, fall in love and of course get pregnant unexpectedly. And they fail. I really enjoyed the plot has the rise of love, excitement of a new life to the failing of communication and fear. It really showcase every single angle.2. Emotions. This story is just like a roller coaster. First love, the joy of child birth, and then the hurt and betrayal of loving your boyfriend. Things change so much within the story that at times, I took a few breaks. Some parts really ticked me off.3. Motherhood. Even though this girl was just a teen, she took her responsibility well. She cared for her child no matter what she was told. And yeah, like every mother out there, there were accidents with her son and yet, she learned from them. It made her stronger and a better mother.4. Parent Support. I don’t think that this girl could have done it without the help of her parents. Her parents are wonderful people who did everything they could to protect their daughter and their grandchild. They helped her finish school and get a job.5. Success. Just because you have a child when you are young does not mean you life is over. Yeah, it will be harder but if you put your mind to it, you can make it. Thea did. She pushed to finish school and she became successful. It took her longer, but she did it so she can have a future for her son. And that’s amazing.Hooked is a great story showcasing wonderful writing and characters. A loving tale that will tug at your heart, Hooked is awesome.