Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Earthbound

Earthbound - Aprilynne Pike Picking uo a book from a author I know and love, she has never failed me. This time around, she took my breathe away, taking me on a unexpected journey of truth and lies.1. Plot. The plot of the book is brilliant. I love how in an instant, the reader is moving with the plot, feeling every depth of emotion. The story really moves with the reader and I can appreciate that. I enjoyed being out of the loop and overcoming every single plot twist and turn with Tavia.2. Build Up. The author did a great job in building up tension, trust, secrets, etc. GAH! I want to explode and tell you everything!!! I will not. Trust me when I say that I thought I had it all figured out….I was wrong.3. Love interest. This too was also done extremely well. With the turn of event at the end of the book, I’m VERY interested in seeing where this love interest will go. At this point, I think it can go either way. Tavia is a very strong person for all that she went through. I admired her determination to see thing through.4. Secret society. Yes, there is one and I really loved how well it was written. The reader is given piece by piece and able to make connections at the right time. I really enjoyed the back round to the society. It’s gives the story much more depth and information to look forward too. I’m anxious to see exactly how it will all played out now that certain secrets where exposed.5. Excitement. This story brings enough excitement to make your heart race! I really loved the world building, the setting and breaking of trust. Towards the end of the book, I didn’t even know who to trust anymore. I was getting so caught up in the book that every decision that Tavia made, made ME nervous!!An excellent start in series that I know will impress me, Earthbound is unstoppable. Jam-packed with on the run action, intense love and secrets, Earthbound serves up everything you want in a story. An effective thrill ride from start to finish, Earthbound rocks!