Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Black Heart (Curse Workers)

Black Heart - Holly Black I’m so happy and excited that I read this book. Really happy. I have to say though, I’m sad to see the series end. I can see it opening door to other stories that I wish I can read. With that said, I really loved this series as a whole.Plot. Through out this series as well as each book, the plot has been consistent in growing and leading the reader to a whole other world. A world full of magic and chaos. I’m really loved how easy it was for me to open the book read the first page and I’m in. Back in Cassal’s shoe ready to play the game he’s been playing he’s whole life. In this story, every chapter is just as exciting as the last. Every moment of Cassal life leads up to final magic trick that can save him or break him,.Characters. The minor characters in the book go father with Cassal. Most have supported him and befriended him. Others just continuously stabbed him in the back. Through out the series and in this story particularly, you can see Cassal’s strength. He is much more sure of himself, finding strength in places he didn’t realize he had. I admired him to make things work out for him. He needs it.Love. Through Cassal’s messed up life he has faced many demons. Cassal has finally taken something for himself. It has been difficult and hard, but the reader see’s Cassal over come all of that. He has lost so much and fights for what he has left. Hope and love.I could name more points but I think if I keep going, I’ll just spill the ending. Which for me, is the best part. Vague and complete, Cassal takes what he wants and runs for it. Good for you kid!No amount of words can describe how much I love this series. Black Heart is exciting yet moves forward with such enticement and thrills you can’t help but be hooked. A compelling piece of work that completes the series, Black Heart is memorable.