Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Ever

Ever - Jessa Russo Wanting to read something romantic and a bit different, I picked this story particularly cause the cover. It called me in with the romantic notion of loving someone even in death.Plot. When I first dived into this book the plot is a bit confusing. The reader is introduce to a girl who can see her dead best friend who she is in love with. I thought no one else knows. Right? Like she is the only one who can see him. Wrong. Apparently other a few other people around him can see him and that bugged me. This particular element in the story lost me. The author did not clarity nor gives reason as to why certain others can see him.Love. Well, its quite obvious that this two need to be together. They both lost their time to be together. I can see the chemistry between them just waiting to burst. And in comes the love triangle. Yikes! In some parts of the story it worked out and in others it just became dramatic. I’ll leave it up to reader to see how he/she feels about it.Paranormal twist. Due to the synopsis, I knew that it was a ghost story but this little element of well… I don’t want to give away much but imagine Ghost Busters. Yeah, like that. I wasn’t quite expecting it and since it came out of nowhere, it left me a little emotionally strained. Still, this part of the story did bring depth and more understanding to the story.Cliffy ending. Yeah, it happen and I suspected too since the little tidbit of ghost buster going on. Did I mention that there is an evil girl bent on power? Yeah, that too. The ending left on a note of dread and anticipation.Ever consist of a lot of parts that are interesting but not quite satisfying. It consumes itself with drama yet manages to make the reader reader till the very end. A tasteful story of a chance at love that was once lost, Ever is good.