Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Rules of Summer

Rules of Summer - Joanna Philbin Picking up this author for the first time, I was hoping that I enjoy this book. I liked the book but some areas failed for me.Plot: This plot for me moved slow and seemed a bit cliched at some parts. The plot played out exactly how I thought it would and of course didn’t really have any emphasis on a life changing moment. There was drama, boys, and money involved in every aspect.Love: It was instant which turned me off completely. Not to mention that of course they would fall in the love. The rich boy and the poor girl from the city. I was hoping that there would be meaningful moments but instead of living in the moment their constants thoughts were on money and what would happen afterward.Working: I found it weird how easily this girl got every comfortable living with other people she is supposed to be working for. She acted like she lived there. There were certain moments where my stomach churned at the thought of her loosing what she went there in the first place.Overall, I don’t think this book lived up to my expectations. The ending felt rushed, like the author was trying to make up for the plot int he beginning. For me, this book had lots of buildup but not enough action. Rules Of Summer is okay.