Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Not a Drop to Drink

Not a Drop to Drink - I was a little skeptical in picking this book up being that I’m a burnt out on dystopian novels. I practically read every scenario there can be, so I had high expectations that this books will capture me. It did.Plot: This is what really got me. I love the plot. You have this girl, raised hard (emotional & physically) during a time where water is gone. She lives out alone with her mother and they do everything for themselves. These girls are just WOW. Imagine being raised to kill in order to survive. It really is just mind blowing. Every time I turn the page, I got more into the world the Ms. MsGinnis created and could not get out of it.Love: Despite being out in the middle of nowhere, there are time to time people who cross by. I won’t give much but a group comes and the next thing you know it, they become close. I really love this aspect of the story being that Lynn never knew love. Remember, she was raised to either kill or be killed. She has no idea of the emotions swirling in her heart are. She didn’t realize that her heart could feel this way. I loved watching her fall in love for the first time. It is EPIC.Ending: Damn, girl! You know, when I reached about 75% into the story, I felt pretty comfortable with the world and with Lynn. Her heart had soften up due to learning new things (like falling in love). When she went to fight, HOT DAMN! This chick went from nice girl to “I’m gonna kill anyone who stands in my way” in seconds. When she pulled the trigger…I gasp and then laughed. Cause man, she really blew me away.Take it from me, that this dystopian novel will rile you up. Dark and riveting, Not A Drop To Drink packs a punch. A courageous girl, fighting to live, is worthy of reading. A ripping tale that is raw and genuine, Not A Drop To Drink is an superb debut.