Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

This Side of the Grave (Night Huntress Series #5)

This Side of the Grave - Jeaniene Frost I have been waiting for so long to read this book and it did not disappoint me. I loved Cat and always will. While I am glad that she is more grown up and wise in her decisions, I miss her snap reactions. It is what made her Cat and what got her in trouble most of the time. I think now as readers, we are more into her life, we see it get complicated with her place in vampire society as well as get easier with her personal life. Cat fought so hard and to see her prejudice dwindle makes me happy that she is seeing eveything from all sides instead of her own.Bones as always is not only a great friend to Cat but a great husband. He is there to be her shoulder to lean on as well as someone to straighten her out if needed be. I like seeing that Bones and Cat have a good healthy relationship. They are now learning more how to deal with each other instead of stepping on each other toes like in the beginning of the series. You have seen a tremendous growth in both of them. And I am glad to see them love each other more deeply then ever. They really take love and loyalty to heart.The plot is good. I love seeing other characters come into play. Vlad is funny as ever and we even get to see more from the women Ms. Frost has introduce us to. Kira and Denise were great helpers and good friends. I hope to see more of them in future books. There were also some unexpected loses and gains in the book. Overall, I enjoyed reading the book very much. I think as as reader who has grown with this series since the first book hit the selves, that the series growth is astounding. I love how Ms. Frost has develop her characters right before my eyes in all kinds of ways. Her characters remained true to themselves but also gained a new perspective. They have all triumph over their trouble and have become better people or vampires. They have taken the lessons of their past and have learn from them. I can't wait to see what else Ms. Frost has in store for her readers!!