Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Vicious Deep

The Vicious Deep - Zoraida Córdova Totally expecting a mermaid story I realized that this story is being told from a male's point of view. Which I find, absolutely refreshing! As soon as I started reading, I was able to fall in to the characters shoe and find that he is quite funny!What I loved most about this story are the great characters. I adored Tristan. I felt his character is written perfectly. From his feeling to his thoughts, Tristan made me laugh, smile, and fall in love with him. He is just another teenager with strange times ahead of him.I really adored how the plot took off the way that it did. I was not expecting a merman story let alone a journey. Once Tristan finds out who he is, he is set on a journey to save his people. And that really got me interested. I loved watching Tristan grow with new knowledge and become strong in who he is.The love interest didn't take off the way I expected it to, but it is there. I think once Tristan gets on his feet he will see her. I am hoping that in the next book there will be a bit more development in this area.The Vicious Deep is an daring innovative story that hooks the reader. Packing unexpected twists and turns, it satisfies the reader. The Vicious Deep gives the end result of a story that you want to read over and over again!*cursing/sexual innuendos*