Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Raven Boys

The Raven Boys - Once this book was in my hands, I had to read ASAP! It definitely has a unique streak to it that is a genre of it's own. Inviting and intoxicating.What pulled me to this book are the awesome characters. The reader is introduce to Blue, who has been given a prophecy. I like that this prophecy goes deeper than the reader expected. Faced with magic, hauntings, and boys, I couldn't help but be smitten with it. Blue is observant yet careful. She watches and listens, even though others don't think she does. She is anxious and ready to stop being naive, to finally learn the truth of who she is. Blue's determination to be defiant and set forth on a mission that may not be what she expected.The plot of the book goes deep, taking the reader far into the rabbit hole. If you like stories fill of myths, magic, and lots of history, you will have no problem enjoying the plot. The plot is slow, given the fact that the reader must take their time to invest and really learn the plot. Once you do, it's flows nicely till the end where as you can imagine is quite extraordinary. The Raven Boys. *Sigh* Hot and mysterious the reader gets a little time in getting to know them. Their fresh and raw with lots of secrets up their sleeves. I took my time watching each boy, as I hear their voice speak to me. Each voice or action is strong showing of who they really are. The mystery surround these boys as well as their past does none other by entice me to read more. I can't wait to see what happens next.The Raven Boys is an excellent story of thrills and adventure. In depth with characters and much mystery to be solved, The Raven Boys eludes the reader till the very end. Fans of the Beautiful Creatures series, take heed and read this book. Fierce and exciting The Raven Boys is awesome!