Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Getting Over Garrett Delaney

Getting Over Garrett Delaney - Abby McDonald How can I show my love for this book? By GUSHING about it! I really adore this book and the talented writer who wrote this book. I love stories of heartache, change and of course becoming someone new. I love the premise of this book. I can tell you I am hooked!So what do you do to get over a guy? Us gals know that a heart ache is not easy getting over. I had a few heart aches in my time and does it get easier? No. But you do learn and grow from it. Enter Sadie. A hopeless romantic in love with her best friend and who just so happens loves some one else. Ouch! Talk about a hard blow to you heart. One thing I admired about Sadie is her willingness to move on. It is hard to separate yourself after doing everything with that person. I really like how the feel of the book brought the reader so close to the character it was as if you were Sadie. You rooted her on to get over Garrett and move on.I love the plot lint of this book. The plot not only grabs the reader from the beginning, but it entices the reader to cheer on Sadie. To help guide her and be there for her when Garrett comes by. Even I found myself excited during the moments Sadie need help. Sadie has amazing friends that did all for her that they could. They told her stuff when she needed to hear it even it was hard to hear. The main thing I loved is Sadie herself. After all the searching that she has done, she has finally found herself. She is not who Garrett says she is, she is Sadie. The girl who loves romance books, goes to hockey games, and love to spend time with her friends.Need help getting over a guy? Or maybe a heart ache that needs some healing? Read this book. It is an amazing journey from start to finish. You will live, laugh and love!