Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

What A Boy Needs

What a Boy Needs - Nyrae Dawn After gobbling up the first book, I need I had to read the second right after. Which, I did. LOL. This book is just as good as the first, even better, yet darker. Jaden intrigued with his quite nature in the first book. Sure he was there, but he wasn't there. You get what I mean? I could tell he is hiding something and I definitely needed to know what is up.As much as I love Sebastain, I have to admit that Jaden is my favorite. Jaden has some deep demons that he is fighting. Broken and hurt, Jaden faces this trouble everyday. Have you or anyone you know, been verbally abused? To be told everyday that you are worthless. That you will own up to nothing. That your friends aren't really your friends. Jaden goes through that everyday. And it follows him. In his mind, Jaden is fighting a very hard battle that has kept secret for years. Jaden strenghth to stand up, to fight for himself, leaves me breathless. He is an amazing guy!!!The love interest is worth the wait as well as enduring. After fighting for so long, Jaden feels like he doesn't deserve anyone. Even if it is right before his eyes. He is loosing time and must quickly decide if he is going to let this take over him or choose to go the other way. This part of the book is heartbreaking yet the best part. The battle happening right before the readers eyes, you can't help but get invested in the characters. You root him on. You chant," YES! Keep going. Ignore that thought." I don't even remember all the words I muttered under my breathe, but I was totally into the story and not coming out till Jaden won.What A Boy Needs is an amazing companion! Nothing like the first book, Ms. Dawn takes the reader on a dark path that consumes your every thought. Beautifully woven into a tale of heart-break and love, What A Boys Needs is exhilarating!