Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Burning Sky

The Burning Sky - Since the cover to this book is flippin awesome, I knew it be an adventure.Plot: Confession, I never read the Harry Potter books. (Ducks from flying objects) I’ve started the first book and never finished. Through the blogosphere, I heard of a lot of comparison to this book. Since I did not read the HP books, I went in with a fresh mind. Now that I’ve read the book I honestly don’t think its nothing like HP. Yes, it has magic but its different. For me, it was darker yet intriguing. It pulled me into a world filled of magic and power. One that will play in my mind forever. Each chapter went from action, to lies to betrayals.Love: There was a love interest that I saw from the beginning. It grew significantly well, just the way I wanted it to. No insta-love (THANK YOU) Just two people fighting against a destiny coming at them fast. I’m happy to report that this romance is one I want to see develop more. So much is going against them right now, that I’m anxious to see what will happen in the next book.Deception: The biggest part of the book is the lie that is being told. A girl pretending to be guy, hiding her magic from others. I really loved the way it played out. She didn’t realize how powerful she was. How much she out people she loved in danger. How much others wanted to kill her for her power. And just how much sacrifice she is going to have to make.A fast-taking story that will capture you, The Burning Sky is not something you want to miss. Painting a portrait of darkness and magic, this story is an easily devouring book. A worthy tale that will take your breath away, The Burning Sky is excellent.