Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Immortal City

Immortal City - Scott Speer After beginning this book and very excited for it, it did not live up to my expectations. Don't get me wrong, the book was good, but I felt like something was missing. What I liked most about this book is the unique twist in the plot line. I have read lots of angels stories through out the years but never have I read one where people pay for angels to protect them. I like the stamina that comes with being a angel and what their duties uphold. Through out the book, there is a war brewing. I liked that this part of the book gave a much better insight to what the angels have been going through.The characters of the book were written well but not all that I wanted. There was a girl, Maddy, who in turn had a secret as well. And Jackson. Now Jackson I loved better than the girl. Jackson's life is different despite what he grew up around. I liked that both the characters had a immediate attraction to each other. The fight that is ahead of them is not easy, yet they stood their ground. There were secrets coming out page after page, but nothing gasping. It was all a little to predictable for me. Immortal City is a quick fun entertaining book. The ambition of the book is strong, yet very predictable.