Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Marked Son (Keepers of Life)

The Marked Son - Shea Berkley I love when dreams come true. A character riddled by images, dreams, a girl who he can't get out of his head. And then, she's real. Alive. This plot line grabbed me from the beginning cause of the great dreams and life he lead.The main character Dylan, did not grow up easy. He has been lied to, move a lot, and his mom is not a good mother. It is sort of disturbing but also good, that Dylan can handle himself at such a young age with great maturity. He is not like the other teens his age and knows that. He struggles with who he is. The author Ms. Berkley did a wonderful job of giving a good description of Dylan's back round. I like how an author can provide as vivid back round with out losing touch with the main story line. She didn't give too much away or too little. The back round info was just enough to know and feel the character.The story line of the book is good. Ms. Berkley presented to reader with mysterious dreams leading on into a world of fantasy. The point of view switches with smooth and transitional. If you know me, you know how picky I am with pov switches. Ms. Berkley writing is very good when it comes to describing the world of Fey in her head. The reader gets a good picture of the different world as well as the characters feelings.I pretty much liked everything about this book. Questions that popped up in my head about "The First" were answered as well as more about the new world I step into. The creatures, rules, and prejudices made for a great story. If you like fantasy, different worlds, half-breeds, read this book. I know that you will enjoy this book as much as I have!