Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Catching Jordan

Catching Jordan - Miranda Kenneally First off, I like to declare my love for reading. This book is the reason I love to read. To read an author's amazing work of craftsmanship. To read a story from beginning to end. To fall in love all over again. I love you Ms. Kenneally. You are a genius!Let me take a minute to catch my breath as well as my heart! This book is outstanding. Amazing! Simply divine! And I just want to read it over and over again! I have never laughed and snickered so much while reading a book. My hubby just kept on asking me,"Whats so funny?" I was smiling so broadly that even he wanted to know what is making me so happy!Ok, so this book is just WOW! The characters in this book are so amazingly written. From the very first page, I snorted, laughed, and before I knew it, fell in love. Jordan is no ordinary girl. She is young, feisty, strong, and the quarterback of her state champion football team. I loved how well her character is. She is not someone to take crap from anyone yet she is stronger than most people give her credit for. I adore that her history gives her a well rounded back round for the reader to reflect on. The plot of this book really took me somewhere I never expected. The football field. I love the game talk, the guy talk, the dirty jokes, and mostly Jordan snarky remarks! She held her own in the field and didn't need anyone to stand up for her. She didn't get her feelings hurt, but instead stood stronger. There was however a love triangle that I did not see coming. I expected one guy not two. Nonetheless, the triangle really made Jordan act like a girl and really evaluate her feelings. There were some decisions of hers that I did not like but hey, when you are a teen you make plenty of mistakes.This book is hands down amazing! Once you start reading you have a compulsion not to stop. To run out into the Friday night lights and see Jordan shine! This debut is my favorite of this year! I can not wait to see what Ms. Kenneally write for her readers next!