Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Vampire Academy

Vampire Academy - Richelle Mead This is the first in is series and a amazing series it is. I like the plot and the twist on the vampire lore in this book. Rose is a Dhampir trained to protect the royalty. After running away with her best friend Lissa, they were caught and brought back to school to finish their schooling. Rose is reprimanded, while Lissa is not. Rose ends up making a deal with a teacher by the name of Dmitri in order to clear her name.Rose is bound to protect Lissa for the rest of her life. Lissa is rare. She is the last of her line and very coveted. Rose knows how important is it to train and be well-trained in order to officially become Lissa guardian. Rose also has a different connection with Lissa. She can feel her and hear her in her head.Richelle did a great job in writing this. The plot is great and well sufficient. The way Richelle writes and describes everything makes me feel as if I am in the novel. I love how Rose is flawed. She is not a perfect character. She is always makes mistakes which makes her character real and likeable.The building of this plot had me at the edge of my seat. I love the twists and turns. I didn’t see some of the things coming by it was all great. Rose is such a strong character, someone who I like to be. Admirable, strong –willed and always fighting for what you want. I love her and Lissa. This is one series to read and continue to read.