Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Frostbite: Vampire Academy #2: Frostbite Bk. 2

Frostbite - Richelle Mead This is the second book in the Vampire Academy series. What I loved about this book is the major drama. Rose is falling hard for her teacher which is by the way forbidden. Rose and Dmitri from day one have an extreme connection. I cried because the rules and stuff that goes with the school, Rose knows she can’t ever be with anyone. She knows what her life is and what she has to do. If she has a child, it has to be given up. Guardians do not make much money so having a family is out of the questions. Rose ends up doing what she had to do. She gives him up. She feels like there is no way any of it could come up to something good. Rose also grew a lot. I am a little miffed that she did use Mason like that. He really liked her and she use that to her advantage.Also the relationship between Christian and Lissa is developing rather well. I love how two different people even from the same world, are treated both differently. Christian is looked down upon after what his parents did. And for me that wrongs. That was his parents mistake, not his. I hope that Lissa character will see that in the next installment so that they can be together. They make a great couple.I also like how Rose character has grown. Not a lot but some, which is good because it goes with the books. It like watching a child grow little by little. I hate to pick up a book and see the character grow a lot without me reading it.Once again, Richelle has blown me away. This book is totally awesome and I can’t wait to read even more.