Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Once a Witch

Once a Witch - I love misfits. The ones in the family that no one cares about and then they become something more. Tam is the misfit of the family. She has grown up that she is nothing more than normal and never will be.I loved Tam and felt for her so badly. I felt her anger,her jealousy, and her wanting to leave away from everyone. Tam is a character that I could relate to right away. From the very first page, I fell in the story. Ms. MacCullough writing had me thinking I really was in the story. Her characters come to life beautifully with her writing and the plot blew me away.The love interest is good. I am, however a bit confused with it. I was under the impression that Gabe is Tam's cousin. But I am not sure if they just relate to Gabe as family and call him cousin because they are so close as a real family. If anyone can clear that up for me that be great.The best part of this book is the plot. Here we have a girl who doesn't want to be a part of her family because she believes she doesn't belong. Then she becomes something more and learns more secrets. The secrets is one that I felt on Tam behalf. I would have been furious had I known what she knew. It's not right. But I was glad that she upheld with great maturity and handled the situation smoothly. I admired Tam and loved the strength she carried with her.