Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Secret Year

The Secret Year - Jennifer R.  Hubbard The Secret year is one book that I enjoyed being on in the secret. Colt for a whole year dated Julia while she was with another guy. Suddenly with her death, Colt not sure how he should react.I felt so sad for Colt. He was hurting and yet he could not even show it. He was in pain and was upset over people who were mourning Julia because he felt like they didn't even know her well enough. Colt and Julia did love one another but circumstances didn't allow to share their love with the world. They both were different. Colt was poor while Julia was high class.Colt goes on through the year remembering times with Julia. They way they spent their time together hanging out when no one else knew. Jennifer did a great job keeping this book in suspense and by that I mean the reader. While I was reading this, I was dying to know if the secret relationship between Colt and Julia would get out. I won't spoil it, but it was something to read through. Jennifer Hubbard's The Secret Year is definitly a great read. I enjoyed being a part of the secret. I love the romance between the two characters. The only thing I did not like was the shortness od the book. I wanted more of the book. More of the relationship between Colt and Julia.