Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

Sing Me to Sleep

Sing Me to Sleep - Angela Morrison I have never had a book touched me in my heart the way this one did. Not only was the love beautiful, but the meaning behind it all, the selflessness of it, had me crying...literally. She has always been picked on since the day of her birth, called so many names and she took it all in. Then one day, she changed. She became something more and fell in love. Only the love did not last.So when I started reading this book I felt angry. The kids in the book were mean and vile. I felt for Beth but admired her strength and willingness to endure school everyday. She face it no matter what. Her voice is beautiful. And the way she sang that old gospel song had me lose my breath. She sung with such emotion and passion, you had to stop and listen.Finding her first love Derek is touching. You see them get along and fall in love quickly. What I failed to see was what brought them together in the first place. They both put on show for everyone but really on the inside they hide a secret. Derek's secret and fall is heartbreaking. I cried as I heard Beth sing her heart out for Derek. Her amazing strength to stand by him was beautiful.I am glad that in the end Beth had Scott. Now while this may seem strange since I'm sure some of you have not read the book but its not at all what you think. If anything I love Scott too. He did what Derek ask him since he knew what would happen. Derek knew where he stood and the selflessness he had in him to protect Beth had me crying. Scott is a good friend to Beth and they deserve each other.I can not began to tell you how you need to read this book. The love in it will leave you gasping for air. The singing will touch your heart and the sacrifice in the end will make you cry. I have never read anything like this. But I am glad sure that I did.