Bookswithbite

Books With Bite

The Clockwork Angel (Infernal Devices, Book 1)

Clockwork Angel - Cassandra Clare Okay first off, what a great way to start a prequel! This book was just totally amazing from the very beginning to the very end, and I loved how Ms. Clare through the reader in without any warning into her sea of never-ending literature adventure.This books starts off immediately with Shadowhunters. Even in the past the Shadowhunters totally kicked butt! What I enjoyed even more were characters we saw in the Mortal Instruments of course, young and just getting started on their adventure. I can't wait to see how Ms Clare connects it all in the end.Even though this book was set in the past, the writing and the speaking was perfect. I loved reading about all the characters and well, just getting to know Will, Jem, and Tessa. Also, as far as I am concerned, I don't think there is anything going on between Jem and Tessa. I have heard a lot of Team Jem/Team Will or whatnot, but seriously,..... I think Will is just misunderstood. I think that there is alot to him and alot we just have not seen yet and when Ms. Clare reveals it all, I think it will blow up in all of our faces!So if you have not read this series, you should do so.....like now! If you have not read the series at all, reading this book first will not matter. But I do think you should read the The Mortal Instruments first due to the fact that there are some characters in this book that may shed some light on why the end up the way they did in The Mortal Instruments. This book is a must read for the year 2010!!